Tender

Tender

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Might as well (#reverb10, Day 5)



#Reverb10 Prompt: Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why? (Author: Alice Bradley)






A thousand times and more 
I let go of my need to be right 
                                           my need to control the outcome 
                                                                            my need for visible success


I let go of my need to know
                                           my need for dichotomy
                                                                           my need to protect the future




I figured I might as well
Since all those needs were merely phantoms of the one fear
Which makes us human, and asks us to live anyway.


(it will get easier with practice, though practice doesn't get any easier.)






(found inside a new crayon box we opened at home)